Convoy of Hope is on the ground throughout California. Click on the Video link below to see and hear what is happening on the ground.
- The Camp Wildfire is the deadliest in California’s history. It has burned more than 140,000 acres and destroyed 10,321 structures.
- As of November 15, 63 lives have been claimed by the fire. The number of deaths is expected to increase as authorities continue to search for the more than 600 people who are still missing.
- According to reports, the Camp Wildfire is only 40 percent contained. Convoy plans to continue providing resources for the foreseeable future.
- Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Services team began sending supplies to Chico, California Friday, November 9.
- Convoy already had product in California from our response to the Redding Fire earlier this year. Our partners in the area were able to have immediate access to bottled water and cots for distribution.
- Supplies include food, water, blankets, hygiene items, cleaning supplies, masks, blankets and cots.
- Relief supplies are being distributed to individuals, churches, shelters and government officials.